Friday, January 22, 2010

Maine Ave. Fish Market

I thought since I just started this blog I'd once and a while dig back through my archives and bring out some photos from the past. Today I'll post some images from my first trip to the famous Maine Ave. Fish Market in Washington DC. I have lived in the area most of my life yet never been to this spot. It is within a 20 minute walk of the National Mall but most tourists (or me apparently) have no idea it exists. From all the talk I expected quite a large bustling market, but in reality it is rather small yet busy. After passing through some industrial looking office parks and a small neighborhood you'll find it tucked along the Potomac water front. You can smell it before you get there! I took alone a Diana and my Polaroid Big Swinger 3000 (is there a better name for a camera?) all the images below were taken with the Big Swinger using Fuji FP-3000B. Enjoy.






(All images) Maine Ave. Fish Market, Washington DC
Polaroid Big Swinger 3000
Fuji FP-3000B

2 comments:

  1. The images are lovely - I do find the light leaks (do polaroids have these?) abit distracting. the subject matter and composition is spot on though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those aren't light leaks. They are the result of pulling the Polaroid through the rollers, what you are seeing is parts where the developer side did not come in full contact with the image side. I have gotten better at pulling the Polaroid though I still get a few with the white areas. I love the imperfections that come with these cameras as well as toy cameras so I tend to not be as distracted by them, but I understand it is not for everyone.

    ReplyDelete