Monday, June 7, 2010

Hands...

After a long hiatus I have finally started shooting nudes again. The pause was more a lack of models than a lack of desire to shoot the subject. I have started playing with using Sliver EFEX Pro with my nudes to create a more gritty feel to the models skin. This technique celebrates (to me at least) the flaws and imperfections in the skin and also gives a rough vibe to the images. Here is a simple example. Like my good friend and mentor, Jim Steele, I am fascinated with hands and the character they posses I often find myself making sure the models hands are at least part of the focus of my nudes (if not the focus). Please let me know what you think of the look and feel of this image.


Nikon FM2N
Kodak Tri-X, Silver EFEX

I also have a model booked to start shooting my "Self Within" series. I hope to be able to start posting some of the raw images here with in a few weeks if the shoot goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment